Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Thursday, March 26, 2015


Clutter

 Here’s a great quote from last week’s lesson out of Priscilla Shirer’s study called “Breathe” regarding clutter.

“The Sabbath principle is not limited to our calendars and schedules. It also applies to the spaces in which we live, work and play. Our tendency toward too-full lives often expresses itself most tangibly in our over-crowded closets, unmanageable table surfaces and cluttered desks as we cram them full of far more than we need. Even our children fall prey to the chaos of overcrowded living as their toy boxes and bookshelves overflow with more than they could ever manage. In the meantime they sit, chin in hand, complaining of their boredom.”

I have been working on this idea of clutter in my house now for some time. It may not actually be too noticeable to my family YET. But one day it will!

One day......

3 comments:

  1. I am working on this, too, Diana. I just read on a blog about controlled clutter (organized clutter) is STILL clutter. hmmm...and I have always prided myself on my organized clutter. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Diana.....I'm counting on you to inspire me as you declutter and continue on in this study!!

    On the surface, my house isn't bad. However, there are a few closets that I just can't bring myself to tackle! I need motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting quote.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete