Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Sound of Music

This week I watched Diane Sawyer's special on the 50th anniversary of the Sound of Music.

I remember when our brother (who was no longer at home) called Mother and told her she had to take Marilyn and me to see it. So Mother and Aunt Bonnie took us to Dallas to see it.

I can't even begin to guess how many times I have watched this movie throughout the years.

I will admit I cried tonight as Diane Sawyer and the 20/20 staff recreated the wedding scene in the church with Julie Andrews. That music and the walk down the aisle gets me every time!!





Several good points to remember from the movie:

1. Listen to what God puts in my heart.
2. Climb every mountain.
3. Count my blessings (my favorite things!)
4. Music is a gift.


Bless my homeland forever!

3 comments:

  1. Great movie and lovely post. I too cry at weddings (all of them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, Diana. I am with you and agree with everything you wrote here. It was a wonderful show---then and now! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up, my family watched that movie every year. It was one of my mom's favorites! Now my sister and I don't miss the chance to see it. I think my kids would rather play Xbox or toys. Gone are the days with the single tv's and the family gathering around to watch it. What a great movie they are missing out on! Great post!

    ReplyDelete